Friday 15 May 2015

A short excited Chelsea squeak...

I've always wanted to go to the Chelsea Flower Show, just once, just to see if it really is as great as it looks. Cameras on TV programmes always turn away from the avenues I want to wander down, photos are never enough and I'm really not interested in what hat the Queen is wearing (sorry probably treason). 

Gardens/plants/flowers are sensory things to me, I need to be able to touch and smell them, I want to be able to stop and stare and discover it all for myself. For so many reasons I've never been able to go and this year wasn't going to be any different, until...

Until today when my phone rings whilst I'm on the bus on my way home from work. My heart sinks....you hear so many inane phone conversations you wished you hadn't whilst trapped on a bus...I don't want to be another phone bore. I see it's a call from a really good friend so I sink down in my seat and answer it...

'You need to get the day off work...I've got tickets to Chelsea...' 

What can I say? I have a great friend, a nice boss who would rather let me have the day off than listen any more to my pleading;) and Chris who I am leaving with all the lovely children to sort out on a school day. So I can go to Chelsea...just once...wonder if I should wear a hat?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome, nice kind ones at least! Any advice for a complete novice would also be gratefully received:) Thanks.